- Rewrite the sentences using punctuations and capital letters where necessary.
(a) laila and bithi are friends
(b) laila likes to play
(c) can i borrow some books from the library
(d) she gives bithi a form
(e) what is wrong asadAnswer to the question no 8 :
(a) Laila and Bithi are friends.
(b) Laila likes to play.
(c) Can I borrow some books from the library?
(d) She gives Bithi a form.
(e) What is wrong, Asad?’
- Rewrite the sentence using punctuations and capital letters where necessary. 1X5 = 5
bulbul said mom tell me a story
Answer to the question no. 8
Bulbul said, “Mom, tell me a story.”
- Re-write the following sentences using capital letter and punctuation mark.
jenney thats interesting well just one more question how can i get to the island from teknaf sharmin you can go by sea bus its about a 2 and a half hour journey from teknaf to st martins island
Answer to the questions no-5 :
Jenny : That’s interesting! Well, just one more question. How can I get to the Island from Teknaf?
Sharmin : You can go by sea bus. It’s about a 2 and a half hour journey from Teknaf to St. Martin’s Island.
- Rewrite the following sentences using quotation marks, capital letter, comma and full stop.
(i) bulbul said mom tell me a story
(ii) mother said i m busy now let me finish cooking first
(iii) can i go and watch tv asked bulbul
(iv) well if you have finished your home work said his mother
(v) bulbul said yes mom i have
Answer to the question no-6:
(i) Bulbul said, ‘Mom, tell me a story.’
(ii) Mother said, ‘I’m busy now let me finish cooking first.’
(iii) ‘Can I go and watch TV?’ asked Bulbul.
(iv) ‘Well, if you have finished your home work,’ said his mother.
(v) Bulbul said, ‘Yes, mom I have.’
Question-2. Rewrite using capital letters and punctuation marks.
Sima thanks nice to meet you too raina bye and home fun in chittagong.
raina thanks bye
Answer to the question no-2
Sima: Thanks. Nice to meet you, too, Raina Bye and have fun in chittagong.
Raina: Thanks Bye!
- Rewrite the sentence using punctuations and capital letters where necessary. 1–5 = 5
bulbul said more tell me a story
- Rewrite the sentences using punctuations and capital letters where necessary:
so which foods are good have you ever heard of the food pyramid- no it’s not a huge pile of stones in Egypt the food pyramid is a chart to show the five groups of foods
- Rearrange the given five sentences in correct order to make a story :
The doctor says that she has got the flu. Raka is at home. she has a cough, a sore throat and a fever. He has prescribed Raka some medicines. She didn’t go to bed.
- Rewrite using capital letters and punctuation marks.
raka is at home she didn t go to school she has a cough a sore throat and a fever the doctor says that she has got the flu he has prescribed raka some medicines at the same time he has written down a list of things to do to get well soon here is the list of things to do
Rewrite using capital letters and punctuation marks. 1
i can hear your voice now says rosie
- Re-write the sentence(s) using punctuations and capital letters where necessary.
(a) tamal and amina often come to the town hall language club
(b) they practise speaking english with friends here
(c) they listen to cd and watch movies on dvd
(d) today as they come in they see a foreigner
(e) he is sitting alone at a corner table
Answer No-5.: (a) Tamal and Amina often come to the Town Hall Language Club.
(b) They practise speaking English with friends here.
(c) They listen to CD and watch movies on DVD.
(d) Today, as they come in, they see a foreigner.
(e) He is sitting alone at a corner table.
- Question: hurry up you are so slow
Answer: Hurry up, you are so slow!
- Question: if i were a millionaire
Answer: If I were a millionaire!
- Question: have you ever heard of the food pyramid
Answer: Have you ever heard of the Food Pyramid?
- Question: no its not a huge pile of stones in egypt
Answer: No, it’s not a huge pile of stones in Egypt!
- Question: there is a well-known saying that you are what you eat.
Answer: There is a well-known saying that ‘You are what you eat’.
- Question: it means if you eat healthy foods you will be healthy
Answer: It means if you eat healthy foods you will be healthy.
- Question: its a thursday
Answer: It’s a Thursday.
- Question: im fৎom campus life magazine
Answer: I’m from ‘Campus Life’ magazine.
- Question: in his free time mr islam writes stories
Answer: In his free time Mr Islam writes stories.
- Question: saikats mother maleka begum is a housewife
Answer: Saikat’s mother Maleka Begum is a housewife.
- Question: let me introduce you to our new colleague ms Anna smith
Answer: Let me introduce you to our new colleague Ms. Anna Smith.
- Question: thats fine
Answer: That’s fine.
- Question: david meet my friend amina zaman
Answer: David, meet my friend, Amina Zaman.
- Re-write the sentences using punctuation and capitals where necessary. 05
amal says come neel lets read this story together neel says im not feeling well amal i want to go home can we read it later
PUNCTUATION MARKS FOR PEC EXAMINATION
1) this is shammi
2) the sky becomes
3) a strong wind starts to blow
4) is it going to rain
5) rina opens her umbrella
6) suddenly it blows away
7) did the wind take it
8) it sails high above the hill
9) will the wind give it back
10) mili nayan and saleh are my friend
11) they are kind polite and caring
12) well how are you
13) oh i’m fine
14) yes i know laila
15) no i don’t know yusuf
16) tamim listen to this song
17) neel can you please turn on the radio
18) mary what are you looking at
19) joy do you see that butterfly over there
20) yes i do oh it is beautiful
21) yes it is its wings are blue yellow brown and red
22) mary can we try and catch it
23) no we can’t
24) well i can surely take a picture
25) oh you can do that
26) you did fantastic
27) you look great
28) stop writing
29) hira come and see me immediately
30) wow what a picture
31) wow wonderful
32) well done it was a fantastic game
33) o ops i almost fell
34) amal says come neel let’s read this story together
35) no neel says i’m not feeling well amal i want to go home can we read it later
36) the teacher asks do know what an igloo is
37) yes teacher the eskimos live in igloo it is a house built of snow answers the student
38) mohua said may i come in teacher
39) the teacher looked up and said yes you may why are you late
40) i am sorry teacher i could not get any rechaw said mohua
41) the teacher said well try not to be lated again
42) yes teacher said mohua softly
43) bulbul said mom tell me a story
44) mother said i m busy now let me finish cooking first
45) can i go and watch the tv asked bulbul
46) well if you have finished your hom work said his mother
47) bulbul said yes mom i have
48) we often come here in our free time
49) saikat lives with his parent in an apartment
50) look at the calendar
51) i wish i were a millionaire
52) if i were a millionaire
53) take enough rest
54) drink a lot of liquids
55) there a well-known saying that you are what you eat it means if you eat healthy foods you will be healthy if you eat nothing but potato chips you certainly won’t be fit and healthy your body needs a good mix of foods
56) raka is at home she didn’t go to school she has a cough a sore throat and a fever the doctor says that she has got the flu he has prescribed raka some medicines
57) raju is a firefighter long time ago when raju was in class 5 there was a fire in his school building everyone got panicked but soon a fire brigade came and put out the fire raju could not forget this for many days after finishing hsc he joined a volunteer fire department
58) once there was a hare he was walking beside a forest suddenly he saw a tortoise it was moving very slowly he laughed at it saying- hurry up you are so slow can’t you move a little faster
59) bulbul is a student of class 5 his father had a small grocery shop in dublar char his mother was a worker in a shrimp hatchery they had a small house bubul lived there with his sister nipa and his grandparents
60) on the day of ayla it was drizzling from the morning in the afternoon, the wind started to blow byb the evening both the rain and the wind became too strong the water in the river started to rise too a strong wind blew their roof away
61) my name is shuvo i went to a scout jamboree last january the jamboree took place in srimongol. from sylhet we came to srimongol by train we started at 7 in the morning and arrived at srimongol at 8
62) the next day was more interesting we went to see the lauachara reserve forest and some tea gardens. they are so green we were so happy to see the forest the tea gardens the rubber gardens and so many mountain streams there we enjoyed the chirping of birds too
63) on 14 december our class went on a field trip to the liberation war museum at segubagicha dhaka the trip was planned as a part of our bangladesh studies course our bus reached the museum at 10 a.m. a guide was waiting for us he welcomed us warmly and took us on a quick tour of the different galleries and exhibits of the museum
64) the olympic games is the biggest sports competition of the world more than 200 nations participate in it it occurs every four years the tradition of the olympic games comes from greece the greeks first held it at foot of the mount olympus
65) tania is from chittagong she is visiting khagrachari there she meets baichong chakma they become friends one day they were talking about their likes and dislikes about sports
66) sufia is at home on a friday it’s a lovely winter morning it’s eleven in the morning she has done all her homework she wants to go out and play with helen she wants to go out and play with helen
67) now raju is a full time firefighter. his main job is putting out fires he also trains young people to become firefighters in his free time raju likes to visit schools he speaks about preventing fires.
68) a)raka is at home
b)she didn’t go to school
c)she has a cough a sore throat and a fever
d)the doctor says that she has got the flu
e)he has prescribed raka some medicines
69) saikat reads in class five he is a good student he wants to improve his english so he watches cartoons on TV he also reads english story books everyday
70) maria has a dream she wants to be a teacher. she has another dream too she wants to be a writer she wants to write about her feelings and experiences