Fill in the gaps of the following text with appropriate articles. Put a cross for zero articles. 0.5×6 =3
- Patriotism is a noble (a) — virtue. It inspires (b) — man to shed last drop of blood to defend the freedom of his country. (c) man without patriotism is no better than (d) — beast. (e) — true patriot thinks for (f) — welfare of his country.
Answer-1: (a) ×; (b) a; (c) A; (d) a; (e) A; (f) the.
- English is (a) — international language. It is spoken all over (b) — world. So the importance of (c) — English cannot be described in words. All (d) — books of higher education are written in English. Today organizations need employees who can speak and write (e) — standard form of (f) — English.
Answer-2: (a) an; (b) the; (c) ×; (d) the; (e) a; (f) ×
- Every woman is (a) potential mother. (b) future of a child depends on how it is brought up. In this case (c) educated mother plays (d) important role. She can bring a child up better than (e) illiterate mother. Is it necessary to tell how important it is to educate (f) mother?
(a) a; (b) The; (c) an; (d) an; (e) an; (f) a.
- Tamzid is (a) __ university student. He studies at (b) __ Jahangirnagar University. His best friend is Bijoy. Bijoy studies at Dhaka University. He is one of (c) talented students of (d) university. Every teacher loves him. Tamzid hails from (e) Jhenaidah whereas Bijoy is from Chuadanga. They are the live example of true friendship. Whenever one friend falls in danger, (f) other friend comes forward to help.
(a) a; (b) ×; (c) the; (d) the; (e) ×; (f) the.
(a) name of my father is Sheikh Khaled. He is (b) M.A. in English. He works for (c) private organization. He has been working there for last twelve years. His main job is to deal with the customers of (d) organization. He can speak (e) English fluently and so, he deals with the foreign customers. He is (f) honest and sincere to his work.
Answer- 4: a) The; b) an; c) a; d) the; e) ×; f) ×;
I am Nishi. I am (a) thirteen years old. I am in class eight. My father is (b) engineer. My mother is (c) teacher. I have one brother and one sister. They both go to (d) school. I have some friends in school and (e) neighbourhood. Of them, Soheli is my best friend. She (f) often comes to my house and plays with me.
Answer- 5: a) ×; b) an; c) a; d) ×; e) ×; f) ×;
My name is Shayaan. I live in Mymensingh. (a) name of my school is Baghmara Bidyaniketon School. I am in class eight. Our School starts at 11:15 a.m. and finishes at 4:30 p.m. I am at (b) day shift. There is also (c) morning shift in our school. I am studying Bangla, (d) English, Math, Social Science, General Science and Religious Studies. I go to (e) school on foot and return home by rickshaw. I like our school very much because (f) teachers are very friendly.
Answer- 6: a) the; b) the; c) a; d) ×; e) ×; f) the.
My name is Anima Afrin. I live in (a) apartment in Dhaka. The name of my school is Shaheed Police Smriti School and College. I am in (b) class eight. I go to school by (c) auto-rickshaw and return home by (d) school bus. The teachers of my school are very friendly and (e) honest. They always tell us to be sincere and dutiful. We have a big playground in (f) school campus. I like my school very much.
Answer- 7: a) an; b) ×; c) ×; d) ×; e) ×; f) the.
Mr Ahmed Faruque is (a) honourable teacher in our school. He teaches us Bangla. He wakes up very early in (b) morning and comes to school at 7 (c) sharp. His integrity and truthfulness is well-known to all. Apart from his subject, he teaches us (d) morality, principles and ethics. I am proud to be (e) student of such (f) esteemed and honest person.
Answer- 8: a) an; b) the; c) ×; d) ×; e) a; f) an.
Sadek is a poor boy. He is (a) JSC candidate. Today is (b) last date of paying exam fee. But he does not have enough money. He goes to his uncle’s house at (c) eleventh hour. His uncle is (d) esteemed person. He is (e) ex-professor of a reputed college. He is always ready to help his (f) nephew.
Answer- 9: a) a; b) the; c) the; d) an; e) an; f) ×.
Have you seen (a) ant? It is (b) active and hardworking insect. (c) ants work as a team. During summer, they collect their food and store them. In (d) winter, they don’t come out of their stored food. We see (e) example of unity in them. So, we should learn to be (f) united.
Answer- 10: a) an/×; b) an; c) ×; d) ×; e) the; f) ×.
A true friend is (a) asset. He stands by his friend in (b) time of danger. He is not a greedy person. He always wishes for (c) __ welfare of his friend. But it is (d) matter of fact that (e) ideal friend is very rare today. Do you have (f) friend who can be termed as an ideal one?
Answer- 11: a) an; b) ×; c) the; d) a; e) an; f) a.
Last night, it was raining cats and dogs. I was returning home from my office by (a) bus. After getting down from (b) bus, I searched for (c) shelter, But unfortunately, I did not find such place. I wish I had (d) umbrella . Actually, I had it with me. Few days ago, I lost it from my (e) office. (f) umbrella was brought from Thailand by my uncle. It was nice and beautiful.
Answer- 12: a) ×; b) the; c) a; d) an; e) x; f) The.
My mother is (a) very religious . She always advises me to follow (b) path of truth and honesty. She bears (c) good moral character. She is very kind to (d) poor. She is (e) ideal housewife. I love her (f) very much.
Answer- 13: a) ×; b) the; c) a; d) the; e) an; f) ×.
My elder brother is (a) engineer. He works in Dhaka . Last summer he asked me to stay (b) few days with him. He sent me a plane (c) ticket. That was my first journey by (d) air. I arrived at (e) airport about (f) hour before the flight.
Answer- 14: a) an; b) a; c) ×; d) ×; e) the; f) an.
Mr. Patrick is (a) European. As he is (b) Englishman, he knows (c) English very well. He is (d) honourable man to everyone. He is (e) younger of the two brothers. His father is an Englishman too but his mother is (f) French.
Answer- 15: a) a; b) an; c) ×; d) an; e) the; f) a
Since Bangladesh is land of rivers it is (a) easy to make a journey by boat. Whenever I get (b) opportunity I try make (c) best use of the opportunity. When I (d) journey, my heart leaps with (e) joy. It is always pleasant and (f) instructive.
Answer- 16: a) ×; b) an; c) the; d) ×; e) ×; f) ×.
(a) ant is an industrious (b) insect. No other insect is as industrious as (c) ant. If we open (d) pages of history, we will see that (e) men who have become great in (f) world were industrious.
Answer- 17: a) the; b) ×; c) an; d) the; e) the; f) the.
Money cannot buy (a) happiness. Money is (b) must for our life. But it is not necessary to bring our happiness. Happiness is absolutely (c) psychological thing. It is (d) name of (e) feeling. It means contentment. He, who is satisfied with what he gets and contented with his life is really (f) happy man.
Answer- 18: a) ×; b) a; c) a; d) the; e) a; f) a.
Mr. Karim is an English (a) teacher. He is (b) M.A. in English. He serves in (c) ideal institution. He tries to lead (d) honest life . He is (e) most favourite teacher (f) to the students.
Answer-19 : a) ×; b) an; c) an; d) an; e) the; f)×.
Mobile phone is (a) wonder of modern technology. It has created (b) new era in modern civilization. It has brought (c) world closer. We can send (d) messages, play games, take snaps and even compose (e) music through mobile phone. It has become (f) part and parcel of our life.
Answer- 20: a) a; b) a; c) the; d) ×; e) ×; f)a.
Ha-du-du is (a) very popular game in Bangladesh. It is (b) outdoor game. Ha-du- du requires (c) small play ground. (d) ground is divided into two equal (e) parts. A line is drawn across (f) middle of the field.
Answer- 21: a) a; b) an; c) a; d) The; e)×; f) the.
James Norman Hall was (a) American writer. He wrote (b) interesting story that took place between him and (c) farmer. He rented (d) one roomed house. It was away from (e) town. He was doing (f) interesting writing there.
Answer- 22: a) an; b) an; c) a; d) a; e) the; f) an.
objective of education is not only to pass the exam and get (b) job but also to acquire knowledge and widen (c) third eye. (d) student should realize (e) fact. Otherwise his education will be (f) incomplete one.
Answer- 23: (a) The; (b) a; (c) the; (d) A; (e) the; (f) an.
Bangladesh is (a) land of rivers. She is in fact criss-crossed by (b) numerous rivers. These rivers play (c) important role in various sectors. Really they are very useful to (d) overall development of the country. The rivers we have are full to (e) brim in the rainy season. But in winter they take (f) shabby look.
Answer- 24: (a) a; (b) ×; (c) an; (d) the; (e) the; (f) a.
Energy is (a)__ life blood, so to say of (b) __ civilized society. The richer (c) __ country in energy resources, (d) __ greater is its progress and prosperity. Bangladesh is (e) __ undeveloped country. The reason is that it has (f) __ poor energy resource.
Answer-25: (a) a; (b) the; (c) the; (d) the; (e) an; (f) a.
Electronic mail is (a) __ modern method of instant delivery of letters without involvement of a postman. In this (b) __ system of mailing, messages are sent with the help of a computer. In the electronic mail system, a letter or any other document is typed and edited on (c) __ computer. It is then sent to (d) __ addressee through a computer network in (e) __ form of electronic signals. (f) __ addressee may be anywhere in the world.
Answer-26: (a) a; (b) x; (c) a; (d) the; (e) the; (f) The.
27. In Bangladesh (a) rural person who cultivates (b) land is known as a farmer. In most cases, he is (c) illiterate man. He learns farming from his ancestors. He goes out early in (d) morning and works all day long. He produces food for (e) others but his family often starves. (f) majority of our farmers are landless.
Answer-27: a) the; b) the; c) an; d) the; e) x; f) The.
28. The pied piper went to (a) street. He took out (b) pipe from his pocket. Then he began to play (c) uncommon tune. (d) rats from every house came out tumbling . (e) piper moved along the streets. It is (f) matter of wonder that the rats blindly followed him.
Answer-28: a) the; b) a; c) an; d) The; e) The; f) a.
29. Jamil’s school wanted to introduce (a) debating club. So, the teachers gave him (b) responsibility of (c) organizing the club. He was known as (d) organizer. He tried to find out students who were interested in debating. He went to every class when (e) teacher was not there and shouted. He found (f) good number of students who were interested in debating.
Answer-29: a) a; b) the; c) ×; d) an; e) the; f) a.
30. Sharrafi determined to do well in (a) exam. So, he began to work hard. But he was not a healthy boy. So, he was suffering (b) lot. He decided to consult a doctor. He made (c) appointment and met the doctor. The doctor was very (d) busy. He asked Sharrafi what his problem was. Sharrafi replied that he was not in good condition. He ate (e) good quantity of balanced diet but he felt uneasy. The doctor advised him to take (f) complete rest.
Answer-30: a) the; b) a; c) an; d) ×; e) a; f)×;
31. The night before (a) examination is one of (b) anxieties to almost all examinees. (c) degree of panic and anxiety depends on (d) strength of their preparation and (e) physical constitution. (f) examinee should be mentally sound.
Answer-31: a) an; b) ×; c) The; d) the; e) ×; f) An.
32. (a) literate man is an asset to an undeveloped country. He can teach the ignorant (b) unique matter without facing (c) obstruction. For this there is difference between (d) educated and an uneducated person. The role played by (e) learned is beyond description. For (f) greater interest of the country, we should be literate.
Answer-32: a) A; b) a; c) an; d) an; e) the; f) the.
33. My friend, Sujana lives in (a) old house in (b) small village. There is (c) beautiful garden behind (d) house. I would like to have (e) garden like that. They grow different types of flowers in (f) garden.
Answer-33: (a) an; (b) a; (c) a; (d) the; (e) a; (f) the.
34. The population of a country is (a) asset, but it becomes (b) problem when the country can’t afford to provide her people with (c) basic needs of life. Bangladesh is (d) country having (e) area of 1,47,570 square kilometers. A good number of her people are dependent on (f) agriculture.
Answer-34: (a)an; (b)a; (c) the; (d) a; (e) an; (f) ×.
35. Dhaka is (a) old town. It stands on (b) bank of the Buriganga. (c) large number of big buildings have been constructed here. (d) beauty of Dhaka city has been increased for the parks as well. Many good roads and streets have also been constructed. (e) Dhaka Museum is worth seeing. But the people living in the city have to face (f) good number of problems.
Answer-36: (a) an; (b) the; (c) A; (d) The; (e) ×; (f)a.
36. Sports are not only a matter of entertainment but also an important aspect of the development of (a) global relationship. (b) sports venue is a meeting place of people from different countries. They can come closer to one another and express their views and (c) opinions. They create (d) sense of brotherhood among them. Thus, they develop a global relationship, which is (e) effective way of globalization. Most of (f) people of our country are fond of sports.
Answer-35: (a) ×; (b) The; (c) ×; (d) a; (e) an; (f) the.
37. Our school is (a) suitable place of taking (b) part in co-curriculum activities. In (c) each week competitions are arranged in (d) auditorium of our school. Our teachers motivate us in (e) participating in different programmes. (f) active role can encourage some other schools to participate in the competitions.
Answer-37: (a) a; (b) ×; (c) ×; (d) the; (e) ×; (f) An.
38. Our life is (a) sum total of hours, days and years. But all the days are not equally memorable to us. Most of (b) days are forgotten with (c) passage of time. Only (d) few days remain ever fresh in our memory. My first day at school is such (e) amusing day. I will keep the memory of the day in (f) core of my heart forever.
Answer-38: (a) a; (b) the; (c) the; (d) a; (e) an; (f) the.
39. (a) — ordinary garment worker in our country leads (b) — very poor life. She goes to her office on foot. Sometimes, she gets on (c) — crowded bus. She is (d) — object of others pity. She does not work in a congenial (e) — atmosphere. (f) — concerning authority should take some steps to upgrade their lifestyle.
Answer-39: (a) An; (b) a; (c) a; (d) an; (e) ×; (f) The.
40. Robinson Crusoe was (a) — sailor. He was banished on (b) — island. He gathered the bitterest (c) — experience of living (d) — isolated life. Man cannot lead (e) — solitary life because he is a social being. Banishment is (f) — capital punishment for a human being.
Answer-40: a) a; (b) an; (c) ×; (d) an; (e) a; (f) the.
41. Money cannot buy (a) — happiness. But it is true that money is (b) — must for our daily life. To survive on (c) — earth, we have to have money. But we must earn it in (d) — honest way. (e) — man who wants to live from hand to mouth also needs money. So, it is said that (f) — rich are not always happy.
Answer-41: (a) ×; (b) a; (c) ×; (d) an; (e) The; (f) the.
42. (a) — few days back, (b) — honorable man paid a visit to our (c) — area. (d) — platform was built in (e) — open field. (f) — honorable man stayed with us the whole day and then started for the city.
Answer-42: (a) A; (b) an; (c) ×; (d) A; (e) an; (f) The.
43. After summer comes (a) — rainy season. People heave (b) — sigh of relief. (c) — sky is overcast with clouds and (d) — sun cannot be seen for hours. Rivers are full to (e) — brim. The rainy season is both a blessing and (f) — curse.
Answer-43: (a) the; (b) a; (c) The; (d) the; (e) the; (f) a.
44. (a) The 16th December is a red-letter day in (a) — history of Bangladesh. On this day, we achieved victory at the cost of (b) — bloody war, Bangladesh came into being as (c) — independent country. It occupied a place in the world map. Every year we observe (d) — day with due solemnity. We remember (e) — supreme sacrifice of our heroic sons. The day is a public holiday and the national flag is hoisted on the top of each house. It is (f) — memorable day in our national life.
Answer-44: (a) the; (b) a; (c) an; (d) the; (e) the; (f) a.
45. Every student wants to do better in the examination. But it is not (a) — easy task. (b) — student has to do something for this , From (c) — very beginning, he must be very serious. He should read (d) — texts again and again. He must not make (e) — notes from a common source. He must follow (f) — particular method, which is termed as an advanced one.
Answer-45: (a) an; (b) The; (c) the; (d) the; (e) ×; (f) a.
46. Akbar (a) — great was one of (b) — greatest emperors of India. He was not only a great ruler but also a man of (c) — wisdom. He was the best of all the Mughal rulers. As a result, his name has been written in golden letters in the pages of history. He was (d) — uneducated person. But he had the ability to rule his empire like (e) — expert ruler. (f) — ruler like Akbar is really praiseworthy.
Answer-46: (a) the; (b) the; (c) ×; (d) an; (e) an; (f)A.
47. Traffic jam is a common affair in (a) — big cities and towns. It is one of the major (b) — problems of modern time. (c) — causes of traffic jam are too many to be described. Our (d) — roads are wide enough. Most of (e) — drivers are not willing to abide by the traffic rules. To prevent the traffic jam, (f) — strict law should be enacted immediately.
Answer-47: (a) ×; (b) ×; (c) The; (d) ×; (e) the; (f) a.
48. When you cross (a) — road in Dhaka city and your vehicle gets stuck up in a never ending (b) — jam, every few minutes (c) — boy or a girl comes to you and tries to sell a bunch of (d) — flowers. The boy or girl may be (e) — orphan. (f) — government should take some positive steps to rehabilitate them.
Answer-48: (a) a; (b) ×; (c) a; (d) ×; (e) an; (f) The.
49. Since the creation of the earth, there is a strange relationship between (a) — men and animals. In (b) — recent newspaper article, we read about the Australian swimmer who was saved from (c) — shark by a group of dolphins. When the shark attacked (d) — swimmer, the dolphins chased it away. They saved (e) — swimmer’s life. It is believed, the dolphins that are free in nature live around 40 years. This is indeed (f) — unbelievable incident in the world.
Answer-49: (a) ×; (b) a; (c) a; (d) the; (e) the; (f) an.
50. It is a world of so-called gods, kings and warriors. A world cup played in (a) — Africa has created new facts, new stories, and new passions. Football is (b) — popular game in our country. It is equally exciting to (c) — players and the spectators. It is a foreign (d) — game. It is popular all over (e) — world. Football is rightly proved to be (f) — exciting game.
Answer-50: (a) ×; (b) a; (c) the; (d) ×; (e) the; (f) an.
51. (a) — land of Bangladesh is low. It has many rivers. It is also in (b) — monsoon area. It rains heavily during the monsoon period. So, floods are very common in our (c) — country. (d) — damages done by floods beggar description. Floods do a little good to man. During floods the rivers of our country carry (e) — great deal of earth. (f) ¾ earthquake is equally dangerous in our country.
Answer-51: (a) The; (b) the; (c) ×; (d) The; (e) a; (f) An.
52. Bangladesh is (a) — small country. It is basically (b) –agricultural country. Many people are (c) ¾ unemployed. (d) –unemployed man leads (e) — miserable life. For the development of the country, employment scopes should be created for (f) — unemployed.
Answer-52: (a) a; (b) an; (c) ×; (d) An; (e) a; (f) the.
53. Mr. Hasan lives in (a) — USA. He is now (b) — banker there. But in Bangladesh he was (c) –university teacher. His wife is (d) ¾ architect and serves in (e) ¾ multinational company. (f) — family leads a peaceful life there.
Answer-53: (a) the; (b) a; (c) a; (d) an; (e) a; (f) The.
54. Bangladesh is mainly (a) –agricultural country. Once jute was the main cash crop of (b) — Bangladesh. Jute is (c)– kind of fiber. (d) — cultivation of jute is not easy. Recently, scientists have invented (e) — ways and means of making one kind of paper from jute. Once, the jute of our country had (f) — international recognition.
Answer-54: (a) an; (b) ×; (c) a; (d) The; (e) the; (f) an.
55. Imran has an uncle in (a) — Dhaka. He is (b) –engineer. He works in (c) — engineering farm. He is (d) — important figure in (e) — firm. He is (f) — highly knowledgeable person.
Answer-55: (a) ×; (b) an; (c) an; (d) an; (e) the; (f) a.
56. I am (a) — student of Govt. Jubilee High School. (b) — last prize day of our school was held on 2nd April. We decorated (c) — school building very tastefully. The function started just at (d) — 10 a.m. The DC was in the chair. He also arrived in (e)– time. The function was (f) — colourful one.
Answer-56: (a) a; (b) The; (c) the; (d) ×; (e) ×; (f) a.
57. (a) — doctor could not say what was wrong with (b) — king. More doctors were called in. Finally, they said that (c) — king could be healed if he wore (d) — shirt of (e) — happy man. But the king remained (f) –ever unhappy man.
Answer-57: (a) The; (b) the; (c) the; (d) the; (e) a; (f) an.
58. The room was not very crowded. There were (a) — few seats vacant. Kamal sat on (b) — empty seat. He took (c) — glance at (d) — room around him. (e) — old woman was groaning in a corner. Meanwhile, (f) — doctor on duty came hurriedly and gave her necessary treatment.
Answer-58: (a) a; (b) an; (c) a; (d) the; (e) An; (f) the.
59. Nowadays, football is (a) — popular game all over the world. It is equally exciting to (b) — players and the spectators. It is a foreign (c) — game. It is played in an open (d) — field. At present, (e) — whole world is attacked with football fever. Football is still (f) — internationally popular game.
Answer-59: (a) a; (b) the; (c) ×; (d) ×; (e) the; (f) an.
60. (a) — pious man is he who is very much religious. He does not run after name and fame. He is different from (b) — materialistic man, because the religious-minded people are quite different from (c) — people who want to have much wealth. The virtuous believe that there lies (d) — eternal life after death. The greedy people give importance to this world. However (e) — virtuous man enjoys mental peace. They may be poor, but they are (f) — happiest men in the world.
Answer-60: (a) A; (b) a; (c) the; (d) an; (e) a; (f) the.
61. To be (a) — good in English, practice is (b) — must. Those who practice English, can do well in the examination. (c) — main thing which is needed most is (d) — determination. It helps a student have (e) — better result. Though it is (f) — international language, it can help us in different ways.
Answer-61: (a) ×; (b) a; (c) The; (d) ×; (e) a; (f)an.
62. My mother is (a) — very religious. She always advises me to follow (b) — path of truth and honesty. She bears (c) — good moral character. She is very kind to (d) — poor. She is (e) — ideal housewife. She is (f) — excellent cook.
Answer-62: (a) ×; (b)the; (c) a; (d) the; (e) an; (f) an.
63. Mehenaj is (a) — bright student. She is (b) — honours student. She reads in (c) — Dhaka University. Everyday she goes to (d) — university. She is (e) — active girl. She is one of (f) — most brilliant students of the department.
Answer-63: (a) a; (b) an; (c) ×; (d) ×; (e) an; (f) the.
64. (a) — English acquire English as it is their mother tongue; but people all over (b) — world learn it as (c) — foreign language because they consider it (d) — useful key that may open before them the way to (e) — unlimited horizon of prospects. They think English as their (f) — unique possession.
Answer-64: (a) The; (b) the; (c) a; (d) a; (e) an; (f) ×.
65. Yesterday (a) — accident took place near New Market. (b) — car collide with (c) — truck. (d) — one-eyed man was killed. I will never forget (e) — accident. In fact,(f) — driver of the truck was solely responsible for the accident.
Answer-65: (a) an; (b) A; (c) a; (d) A; (e) the; (f) the.
66. It was a dark night. A blind man was walking along a road. He held (a) — lamp in his hand. Two men laughed at him. One of them said, “What is (b) — use of a lamp to (c) — blind man?” The other called the blind man a fool. The blind man heard this. He said, (d) “ — lamp’s not for me. It is for those people who are careless. They will not see me in darkness.” They felt sorry for their foolishness. We can set (f) — example of humanity by helping a blind man.
Answer-66: (a) a; (b) the; (c) a; (d) The; (e) the; (f) an.
67. Ms Humaira is (a) — M. A. She lives in (b) — USA. She left her family behind. One day she saw a little girl sitting in (c) — park. Seeing the girl (d) — mother rose in her. Then, she thought that return to Bangladesh is (e) — must for her. She was by heart (f) — affectionate mother.
Answer-67: (a) an; (b) the; (c) the; (d) the; (e) a; (f) an.
68. A library is (a) — collection of books of various kinds. (b) — word ‘library’ comes from the Latin word ‘Libre’ which means (c) book. In the ordinary sense, we know library means (d) — house where books are kept for use by the readers. It is (e) — important temple of wisdom. (f) — British Library is the biggest one in the world.
Answer-68: (a) a; (b) The; (c) a; (d) a; (e) an; (f) The.
69. Yesterday I saw (a) — old man who was very poor and weak, He was standing at (b) — door of (c) — house. It was near (d) — house of my friend living in England. The man asked for (e) — little alms from the inmates of the house. The old man was (f) — honours graduate, but situation compelled him to beg.
Answer-69: (a) an; (b) the; (c) a; (d) the; (e) a; (f) an.
70. ‘You’ll get (a) — shock if you touch (b) — live wire with that screwdriver. Why don’t you get (c) — screwdriver with (d) — insulated handle? (e) — man said. An electric shock may cause (f) — accident.
Answer-70: (a) a; (b) a; (c) the; (d) an; (e) The; (f) an.
71. A few days back, I made (a) — journey by boat on the occasion of autumn (b) — vacation. We hired (c) — big boat. (d) — boatman and the oarsman were very nice. We had our breakfast early in (e) — morning. The day was really (f) — exciting one to me.
Answer-71: (a) a; (b) ×; (c) a; (d) the; (e) the; (f) an.
72. English is (a)—-inteational language. It is spoken all over (b)—-world. So the importance of (c)—-English cannot be described in words. All (d)—-books of higher education are written in English. Today organizations need employees who can speak and write (e)—-standard form of (f)—-English.
Answer: (a) an, (b) the, (c) x (d) the (e) the (e) x
73. Once I went to (a)—-mango orchard. One of my friends was (b)—-owner of the orchard. While walking, I found (c)—-mango lying under (d)—-tree. (e)—-mango was ripe. Seeing (f)—-mango in many hand, my friend said, “It will taste sweet.”
Answer: (a) a, (b) the, (c) a, (d) a, (e) the, (f) the
74. Dowry means property or money brought by a bride to her (a)—-husband. During marriage ceremony (b)—-section of greedy people claim much wealth or money from (c)—-guardians of the brides. (d)—-poor illiterate girls become (e)—-victims of dowry. If (f)—-guardians fail to fulfill the demand of the bridegroom, the brides are maltreated.
Answer: (a) x, (b) a, (c) the, (d) the, (e) the, (f) the
75. Punctuality is of great value to (a)—-student. (b)—-unpunctual boy who is late in (c)—-class will miss (d)—-part of his lesson and fall (e)—-behind other students. But (f)—-punctual student will lea his lesson in time and do well in the examination.
Answer: (a) a, (b) an, (c) the, (d) a, (e) x, (f) a
76.(a)—-tiger is known as a ferocious animal. (b)—-tiger kills to eat. It can kill a deer in two or three (c)—-minutes and (d)—-buffalo in five minutes. It always charges from (e)—-side or (f)—-rear.
Answer: (a) The, (b) a, (c) x, (d) a, (e) the, (f) the
77. Money cannot buy (a)—-happiness. Frankly speaking money is (b)—-must for our life. But it is not (c)—-necessary to bring our happiness. Happiness is absolutely (d)—-psychological thing. It is (e)—-name of (f)—-feeling.
Answer: (a) x, (b) a, (c) x, (d) a, (e) the, (f) a
78. Journey is always (a)—-pleasure to me. Whenever I go on a jouey, my heart leaps up with (b)—-joy. But (c)—-jouey by boat gives me (d)—-greatest pleasure. Since Bangladesh is a land of (e)—-rivers, it is (f)—-easy matter to make a jouey by boat.
Answer: (a) a, (b) x, (c) a, (d) the, (e) x, (f) an
1.Yesterday while I was going to Comilla by (a) ___ bus, I swa (b) ___ elderly lady carrying (c) ___ huge bag and (d) ___ umbrella struggling to get on to (e) ___ bus. She woukd not let aûone carry her bag. I invited her to take (f) ___ seat next to mine. She took the seat and thanked me.
- Footbal is (a) ___ popular game in our country. It is equally exciting to (b)___ players and the spectators. It is (c) ___ foreign (d) ___ game. It is popular all over (e) ___ world. It is played in (f) ___ open field.
- Truthfulness is (a) ___ greatest of all (b)___ virtues that make (c) ___ man really great. If we do not cultivate (d) ___ habit of speaking (e) ___ truth, we can not command (f) ___ confidence of others.
4.Each and every student wants to make a good result in the examination. But it is not (a) ___ easy task. (b) ___ student has to do something with this end in view. From (c) ___ very beginning, he must be very serious. He should read (d) ___ texts again and again. He must not make (e) ___ notes from (f) ___ common source.
- Our life is (a) ___ sum total of hours, months and years. But all the days are not equally memorable to us. Most of (b) ___ days are forgotten with (c)___ passage of time. Only (d) ___ fwe days remain ever fresh in our memory. ¸ first day at (e) ___ school in such (f) ___ amusing day.
- (a) the (b) an (c) a (d) an (e) the (f) a
- (a) a (b) the (c) a (d) X (e) the (f) the/an
- (a) the (b) X /the (c) a (d) the (e) the (f) the
- (a) an (b) a (c) the (d) the (e) X /the (f) a
- (a) a (b) the (c) the (d) a (e) X (f) an
- Bangladesh is (a) ___ country of rivers. Some of the rivers are (b) ___ famous. But some of (c) ___ big rivers have dried up. They go dry especially in the summer season. Then we have to face (d) ___ extreme situation. But during (e) __ rainy season all the rivers are full to (f) ___ brim.
- one day a crow saw (a) ___ piece of a meat. It took (b) ___ meat his mouth. It sat on (c) ___ branch of the tree to eat the piece of (d) ___ meat. (e) ___ fox was loking for food. He came under (f0 ___ tree.
- Punctuality is (a) ___ unique virtue. It leads (b) ___ man to the path of success. (c) ___ punctual man does all his works in (d) ___ due time. He never puts off his works for tomorrow. So it is our duty to acquire (e) ___ quality of punctuality in our life. Everyone respects the man who is punctual. (f) ___ unpunctual man faces many problems in his life.
- Discipline is seen in (a) ___ nature. Every morning (b) ___ sun rise in the east, day follows (c) ___ night, birds sing and flowers blossom. Everywhere in nature there is (d) ___ harmony> If there were no discipline in (e) ___ nature, there would have been (f) ___ chaos everywhere.
- Lutfur is (a) ___ street boy. He is (b) ___orphan. He lives in the street of Chittagong (c) ___ city. One day he went to New market. He saw a fruit-seller selling different of (d) ___ fruits. There he found (e) ___ old man buying some apples. (f) ____ apples looked very fresh.
- Once I went to (a) ___ mango orchard. One of my friends was (b) ___ owner the orchard. While walking, I found (c)___ mango lying under (d) ___ tree. (e) ___ mango wae ripe. Seeing (f) ____ mango in my hand, my friend said, “It will taste sweet.”
- Mr. Hasan is an English (a) ____ teacher. He is (b) ____ M.A. in English. He serves in (c) ____ famous institution. He tries to lead (d) ____ honest life. He is (e) ____ most favorite teacher to (f) ____ Students.
- The main aim of (a) ____ education is not only to pass the exam and fet (b) ____ good job but also to gain knowledge and widen (c) ___ third eye. (d) ____ ideal student should reali“e (e) ____ real fact. Otherwise, the purpose of education will be (f) ____ incomplete one.
- ¸ mother is (a) ____ very religious woman. She always advises me to follwo (b) ____ path of (c) _____ truth and honesty. She bears (d) ____ good moral character. She is very kind to (e) ____ poor. She is (f) ____ ideal housewife.
- Drug addiction is nwo (a) ____ global problem. It has spread poisonous clwa all over (b) ____ world. Frustration is (c)____ main cause of drug addiction. Drugs bear (d) ____ terrible effect on (e) _____ human body. It kills a man little. No physician can stop the changes that take place in the organs of (f) ____ addict.
- Always speak (a) _____ truth. Never tell (b) _____ lie. Nobody believes (c) ____ lair. Even if he is (d) ____ truthful he is considered to be (e) ____ liar. Nobody in (f) ____ world is as unfortunate. as he.
- We live in an age of (a) ____ science. Newspaper is (b) _____ wonder od modern science. Newspaper is (c) ____ paper which carries news of (d) ____ whole world. It is such (e) _____ important thing that we cannot go (f)____ single day without it.
- A fwe days ago I enjoyed (a) ____ interesting football (b) _____ match. It was played between (b) ____ top two teams, Argentina and Germany. On (d) _____ day of the match, I went to (e) _____ stadium quite early. I stood in the line and bought (f) ____ ticket.
13.(a) (b) a (c) the (d) an (e) the (f) an
14.(a) a (b) the (c) (d) a (e) the (f) an
15.(a) a (b) the (c) the (d) a (e) (f) an
16.(a) the (b) a (c) a (d) (e) a (f) the
17.(a) (b) a/the (c) a (d) the (e) an (f) a
18.(a) an (b) (c) the (d) the (e) the (f) a
- Dhaka is (a) _____ capital of Bangladesh. It is (b) ____ old city. People og different communities live in (c) _____ city. Their ways of life are (d) _____ quite different. So, their occupations are not (e) _____ same. Most of the people lead (f) ____ very hard life here.
- English is (a) ____ international language. It is spoken all over (b) ____ world. (b) ____ So the importance of (c) ___ English cannot be described in words. All (d) ____ books of higher education are written in English. today organi“ations need employees who can speak and write (e) ____ standard form of (f) ____ English.
- ÔHonesty is (a) _____ great virtueÕ is (b) _____ off-quoted proved. Because it makes(c) ____ man great. (d) ____ honesty costs nothing. (e) _____ honesty of Hayrat Muhammad (sm) is known to all. He is (f) ____ emblem of honesty.
- (a) _____ 16th December is a red-letter day in (b) ____ history of Bangladesh. On this day , we achieved victory at (c)_____ cost of (d) _____ bloody war. Bangladesh came into being as (e) ______ independent country. Every year, we observe the day with due solemnity. We remember (f) _____ supreme sacrifice of our heroic sons.
- Newspaper plays (a) ____ important role in our society. It is (b) ____ most useful thing in our day-to-day life. We cannot thing of (c) _____ day without it. To read newspaper is (d) _____ good habit. (e) _____ more we read newspaper, the more we can acquire knowledge. It is (f) ____ looking glass of modern world.
- Patriotism is (a) ____ noble virtue. It becomes an inspiration for (b) ____ man to shed last drop of (c) ____ blood of defend (d) _____ freedom of his country. Without patriotism a man becomes like (e) _____ beast. (f) _____ unpatriotic men think of their own interest.
- Cricket is (a) ____ international game. It has nwo become (b) _____ craye for (c) ____ people of Bangladesh. It is not only for (d) )____ excitement of the game , but also for (e) outstanding (f) ____ performance of the players.
- Newspapers play (a) ____ important role in our society. It is (b) ____ most useful print medium in our day-to-day life. We cannot thing of (c) _____ day without it. To read a newspaper is a good habit. (d) _____ more we read newspapers, the more we can acquire (e) _____knowledge. It is (f) ____ looking glass of modern world.
- A true friend is (a) _____ asset. He stands by his friend in time of (b) _____ danger. Normally he is not (c) _____ greedy person. He always wishes for (d) _____ welfare of his friend. But it is (e) ____ matter of fact that (f) _____ ideal friend is very rare today.
- Mobile phone is (a) ____ great invention of modern science. (b) _____ users of mobile phone are increasing day by day. People are getting benefits. but it is unfortunate that mobile phone sometimes causes hayard, especially children are affected much. (c) ____ scientists believe that mobile phone causes brain tumours, genetic damage and maû other (d)___ incurable diseases. They believe that invisible radioactivity of (e) ____ mobile phone causes irreparable damage to the human body. They say that (f) government should control radioactive sources.
21.(a) the (b) an (c) the (d) (e) the (f) a
22.(a) an (b) the (c) (d) the (e) a/the (f)
23.(a) a (b) an (c) a (d) (e) the (f) an
24.(a) the (b) the (c) the (d) (e) an (f) the
25.(a) an (b) the (c) a (d) a (e) the (f) the
26.(a) a (b) a (c) /the (d) the (e) a (f) an
27.(a) an (b) a (c) the (d) an/the (e) an (f)
28.(a) an (b) the (c) a (d) the (e) (f) the
29.(a) an (b) (c) a (d) the (e) a (f) an
30.(a) the (b) the (c) the (d) an (e) /the (f) /the