Time : 2 hours 30 minutes Full marks: 100
Read the text and answer the questions 1,2,3 and 4 (The text/dialogue/diagram/picture will be taken from the book English for Today Class 5.)
1. Multiple choice questions (MCQ : Competency based) 1›10 = 10
2. Matching the given words with their meanings/Fill in the blanks (Competency based) 1›5 = 5
3. Short questions. (5 short constructed response questions will be given and students will have to answer all of them: (Competency based) 10
4. Short Composition (Free writing or by answering a set of questions related to text, Students will write at least five sentences related to the topic. Capital letters. punctuation, spelling and sentence structure will be marked : (Competency based) 10
Read the text and answer the questions 5, 6, 7 and 8 (This text/dialogue/diagram/picture will NOT be taken the book English for Today Class 5 but it must be of similar difficulty level for Grade V students)
5. Multiple choice questions (Competency based) 1›10 = 10
6. Fill in the blanks with the given words (Competency based) 1›5 = 5
7. Short questions (5 short constructed response questions will be given and students will have to answer all of them : Competency based) 2›5 = 10
8. Writing a simple personal letter. (Clues will be given and students will have to write at least six sentences accordingly : Competency based).
9. Making five Wh questions from the given statements (By using Who, What, When, Where, Why, Which and How). Student will make question with the underlined word. competency based).
10. Short questions (Students will answer all questions by understanding short informative text/instructions/activities/suggestions/directions/procedures to do aû work) 1+2+3 = 6
11. Short questions/Fill in the blanks (By using information related to days, months, time cardinal and ordinal numbers in tables/columns or words for figures, students will answer short questions/fill in the gaps.) 5
12. Rearrange words in the appropriate order to make meaningful sentences. 1›5 = 5
13. Form Completion (Students will complete at form by using given information) 4